Gamified Video Creation tool for art integration into classrooms
UX UI design of a complete suite of 3 apps for video editing, animation & LMS, driven through gamified reward framework.
Design Constraints & Objectives
Creating a product with retention, engagement, usability, and efficiency. Designed specifically for school kids, the app suite is tactile and caters well to an audience that has limited dexterity.
The project has three apps, Stop Motion, Showcase & the Editing app. Across the country, schools are having physical videolabs and resources that help children of 8-13 age groups make videos on various curriculum subjects. The progression of the user helps them win rewards and is also showcased for both schools and children.
Research, Ideation & Development
The Discovery of Three Distinct Creator Personas among children
Observing students of different age groups interacting with stop motion and video-making applications led to the discovery of three distinct creator personas among children. While some of these kids were able to navigate the apps designed for adults, others needed ample handholding as they were not able to make their ideas come to fruition.
Conceptualization & Wireframes
Video Showcase + LMS
The Showcase app helps students and teachers in India connect on one platform to see inspirational work across schools
Design of the three-tier product with the following user flows:
Kid-facing product (User Product)-
• Create & Manage profile
• Upload, embed & Manage Media
• Build & Showcase their work portfolio
• View, Search and engage (like, comment, recommend etc) with other
• Discover, apply and participate in events, contests, masterclasses etc.
• Reward mechanism
• Manage users, roles and content.
• Create, Manage & Publish events/contests etc
• Schedule online masterclasses/cohorts etc.
• Push notifications, announcements and other important updates.
• Manage tutorials and training content.
School facing Product-
• Monitor and approve user (child) activities.
• Set limits and constraints.
• Publish activities/events/ masterclasses.
Stop Motion UI
Neo Brutalisme Stop Motion UI mimics a gaming console. The new media add button reminds the user to create more, & share more.
Key points of user research to understand behaviours, expectations, paint points, etc. of the target user
• Identifying and uncovering real user behaviours and limitations using Empathy & Design Research.
• Defining user experience of the stakeholders to solve their pain points while using/interacting with the app.
UX/UI Design of Qx stop motion animation app enabling 8-13 year old kids to make amazing Stop Motion Animation videos using their smartphone cameras
• Design the user journey of stop motion video creation on app for easy and simplified onboarding, usage & increased engagement.
• Designing UX/ UI of the product, to ensure intuitive navigation and user flows.
• Strategise and Priortize features for development versions/cycles.
• Defining KPI’s & matrices to measure the impact.
Editing App & Templates
Editing the app & the templates help make decisions quicker if you're new to video making. It comes with a set of customizable appearances and filters like subjects, video type, etc. which help students create faster.
Visit the app store to view the applications now!